Friday 14 September 2012

Initial Idea

Song: Nirvana - In Bloom
Genre: Alternative Rock/Grunge



Video:
Most videos in the grunge or alternative genres largely feature the band playing the song, just as the original video for 'In Bloom'. Because of this in my video, I would like the main focus to be the band playing their instruments. Many videos of the alternative genre seem to have an old-style grainy effect, such as Smashing Pumpkins - Cherub Rock and Blink 182 - Miss You, and therefore think this would be a good addition to my video as it would stick with the conventions of the genre and make the video look more realistic. I think an outdoor location would also fit with the genres conventions, but a studio set or even a stage set (similar to the original video) would work. Cutting from the band to another storyline, or alternatively, quickly cutting to a number of different artistic shots then back to the band would be a means of adding something different to the video. I also like the use of colour in the Cherub Rock video, and think it would be good (if possible) to incorporate this.

Album/Cover:
Many albums in the alternative genres don't feature photographs of the band at all, they mostly feature photographs or artwork of seemingly none-related items or landscapes. I would like to follow this convention with my album cover.   


Target audience:
My promotional package will be primarily aimed at young adults from the ages of 14 - 22. This is based on the idea that it is mostly young people that watch music videos in the first place.

Why I chose it:
I have chosen the song 'In Bloom' because I feel the original video is done in a very specific and rare style and I thought it would be interesting to see what else could be done with the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment